1) The Scout Law
The Scout Promise is:
On My Honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law
2) The Scout Law
The Scout Law is:
1. A Scout is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout is friendly and considerate.
4. A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
5. A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
6. A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
7. A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
3) The Scout Motto
The Scout Motto is:
4) How did Explorer Scouting begin?
Scouting has always been a dynamic and forward-looking Movement. In the early days of Scouting, Lord Baden-Powell saw the need to provide a programme for young people who wanted to continue after their time in the Scout Section. Senior Scouts was developed to meet this need, and the Section continued to evolve over the years.
In 1967, Venture Scouting was formed from the existing Senior Scout and Rover Scout Sections. During the late 1990s, it was decided that, in order to meet the changing needs of new generations, two new Sections should be created for young people over the age of fourteen. Explorer Scouts for 14 to 18-year-olds and the Scout Network for 18 to 25-year-olds were created.